- https://stxares.groups.io/g/main – South Texas (STX) ARES Forum
- https://stxares.groups.io/g/District-14 – STX District 14 (D14) Forum
- https://stxares.groups.io/g/District-14-NW – STX D14 Northwest Unit Forum
- https://stxares.groups.io/g/District-14-SW – STX D14 Southwest Unit Forum
- Winlink Global Radio Email – our primary radio email communication tool, even if you don’t have a radio
- STX Depot – Where your competency and training Task Book is held
- WebEOC – instructions are found here.
Served & Adjacent Agencies
- ReadyHarris.org – Harris County Homeland Security and Office of Emergency Management
- Red Cross – Texas – Gulf Coast
- Ready.gov/CERT – Our Community Emergency Response Team unit counterparts (local info on unit pages)
- Harris County Citizen Corps
- Texas Traffic Net – 7285Hz
Houston-Area Situation Maps
- Houston/Galveston Weather Radar
- NOAA National Hurricane Center
- Cyclocane Hurricane Spaghetti Model Map
- Harris County Flood Warning System / Live Flood Depth Gauge Map
- Harris County Evacuation Map
- Houston Transtar – Road and weather conditions, with cameras, in the Houston area
- Texas A&M Live Forest Fire Map
- Ionizing Radiation Detector Map
- Tertremo Live Earthquake Map
- CISA.gov Field ops Guides (FOG’s): National Interoperability (NIFOG) & Auxiliary Communications (AuxFOG)
- 7290 Traffic Net – Radiograms (formally known as “traffic”) are passed around the world daily on 7290Hz.
- The Hurricane Watch Net (HWN.org)
- Texas Power Outage Map
- APRS.FI – See the location of any APRS-enabled radio.
- ARRL Numbered Radiogram Lookup
- RadioReference.com Houston Frequencies – Just about every public and private entity’s registered frequencies listed in one place.
- Repeaterbook.com List of Texas Repeaters | Repeaterbook.com Proximity Search | Repeaterbook.com Houston Area Repeaters
- Houston-Area AM/FM Radio Stations – Good for getting the news when things have gone poorly. Consider printing this.
- FEMA.gov Resource Typing Library Tool – Need to lookup a specific flavor of MRE to order for a deployment? Find it here.
- N5TW’s PacStat Station Uptime Reporter – This site shows all the Texas Packet & VARAFM Winlink RMS Stations.
- University of Texas Topographical Map Archive
- CenterPoint Energy Power Outage Tracker
- CHIRP – Program most radios on the fly with your laptop and the appropriate programming cable
Ham Shack Tools
- HF Signal Identification Guide
- Vernon Mauery’s EMF Exposure Calculator – Every station is now required to have an analysis of the EMF transmitted, this handy calculator makes it easy to get such a thing.
- Antenna Feedline Loss Calculator – Feedline loss will almost certainly be a larger factor in lost power than SWR, figure out by how much with this nifty tool.
- ARRL Frequency Allocation Chart | ARRL Frequency Allocation List
- Pure ERP and EIRP Calculator – What wattage are you transmitting when you factor in the gain of your antenna?
- APRS.MENNOLINK.org – See the current APRS repeaters that can hear each other, indicating VHF band conditions and openings.
- HamCall.net/GreatCircle – Order a printed map with your point-to-point distance to anywhere in the world, with the direction and major cities.
- Amateur Radio License Map – Map the FCC’s listing for any US Ham’s QTH.
- Net Logger
Additional Training & Info
- FEMA’s Official Emergency Management Institute – Find your ICS classes here.
- FEMA’s Student Identification System – How you get into that ICS class.
- Winlink Workshops – Setup, configuration, different modes
- HamStudy.org – Free website to learn and study the test question pools for your next license class. Look for contributions from Harris County ARES Members.
- ARRL ARES Page
- ARRL EmComm Training Page
- ARRL South Texas Section (STX) Page